Tuesday, March 21, 2017

Week 10 Reading Notes: The Mahabharata Epified Part F


The Pandavas and Draupadi are gambled away by one of the brothers in the gambling match.  Draupadi is especially devastated by the event.  They take their clothes, but Draupadi's clothes don't come off because the material keeps multiplying.  Bheen pledges to get revenge for Draupadi's embarrassment.  The brothers vow to kill their capturers. 

It seems like there are a lot of themes of gambling in these two sections of the story so I think I might use that as a theme in my story that I write this week.  Maybe I will keep the Pandavas in the story or maybe I will remove the idea from the story and write about a different setting. 

Krishna is an interesting character.  He says that if he was present at the gambling match he would have stopped it from happening/ stop it from going wrong.  However, supposedly Draupadi prayed to Krishna in order to receive the miracle that kept her clothes from coming off when they tried to humiliate her.  I want to learn more about Krishna, so maybe I will watch the epified videos about him for my next reading notes for week eleven. 

The part of the story that involves Shiva and the crown is interesting.  He and Arjun fight and the crown shatters, but it is put back together by some form of miracle and then Arjun realizes who he is fighting. 


No comments:

Post a Comment