Monday, March 6, 2017

Week 8 Reflections: Halfway done!

The Halfway Point!:  Geograph.org

It has gone fast but here we are- halfway through the semester!! When we wrote our first stories for this class I felt like I was going to be really uncomfortable writing creatively and posting it for everyone to see, but it has actually been fun so far!  I have enjoyed doing the readings for this class and twisting the stories into something new.  Some of my stories in the beginning didn't have very big twists- especially the first one.  I have gotten better at that through the semester and I found out how I like to write stories.  A lot of times I enjoy keeping the characters the same and putting them in a new setting.  I keep the original names so that it is not so confusing for the reader!  I have found that it can be interesting to write for fun and to run a blog. 

I have definitely learned a lot about tech stuff as well!  I never knew that blogging could be so easy and fun.  I was able to learn how to do lots of things on Blogger as well as start a Google Site.  I think these skills will help me in the future for sure!

My favorite reading so far has been the Ramayana.  I thought it was pretty easy to follow and I enjoyed watching Sita Sings the Blues.  I felt like I got my best stories from the inspiration of the Ramayana.  For the rest of the semester I think I will finish up watching the Mahabhrata Epified and then I would like to either read more versions of the Ramayana, find a new book, or read some huge chunks of the stories I chose for my storybook project that I have not read yet. 

I am happy with a lot of my progress writing this semester.  It was difficult in the beginning but it is getting easier. I am happy with how my storybook is turning out but I need to do more planning to make sure the stories I add all fit together well.  I think it will turn out pretty well.  I definitely aspire to write more like some of the people in their class.  I wish I could easily write funny stories that flow well.  Some of my classmates are fantastic writers.  It has been a fun semester so far and I hope to work hard and finish the class up early if possible so I can prepare to graduate!

No comments:

Post a Comment