Friday, January 20, 2017

Reading Notes: The Ramayana Part D

Narayan's Ramayana: Link to Reading Guide

Stack of Magical Books Pixabay


Obviously Rama will fight Ravana, but should Sita save herself or should she be saved by Rama and his brother and team?  I think I will continue with the version of the Ramayana that I started in last week's post and I will create it from the point of view of Sita being held captive by Ravana.  Once again, the names will stay the same, but the details and setting will change. 

Rama and Ravana fight and Rama sends a sword to cut off the heads of Ravana, but every time he cuts off a head, another one grows back.  The fight gets desperate and Ravana faints and Rama calls the fight off until he feels better.  When it resumes, Ravana is desperate for help in any form and uses anything he can as a weapon against Rama. 

Ravana has a weak point in his heart, and that is where Rama strikes him to win. 

Rama wins Sita back but says they cannot be together since she has been alone with another man.  She jumps in the fire, proving her loyalty and they can be together again.  Maybe this can correspond to some sort of fire in my story as well. 

I think I will continue my story from the point of view of Sita and I will involve the character Hanuman as well.  It will parallel some of the fighting but it will have some changes.  The fire will be involved, the weapons will be changed to more modern weapons, and the ending will be similar.  The setting will be New York City. 

No comments:

Post a Comment