Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Reading Options

For next week's blog I will be reading Narayan's Ramayana.  I decided to read this version because I prefer to read a hard paperback copy, and I already have it.  I also like that this version of the reading has an online reading guide that might help me if I get confused.  Although there aren't any pictures, I think that this version will work well for me because it is small and I can take it with me to read without dragging my computer along.  Sometimes it is just relaxing to hold a small book instead of staring at a screen or being crushed by a giant textbook :)

I haven't really done a lot of studying mythology, but I tend to like hearing the stories from them and I find exploring past cultures interesting.  When I think of myths I usually think of huge beasts that need to be heroically tamed.  Obviously by this thinking I'm more accustomed to the dragons of western mythology, but I think that this book will be very interesting and open up a new window of exploration for me. 


I went to a religious private school, so I have studied a lot of different religions when I took my required World Religions class.  It was definitely interesting to learn about Hinduism and Buddhism, because they are so different from what I am used to hearing about.  Hopefully I can take these new readings and turn them into a new interesting story.  I hope to create something fun and interesting like the blogs based on Barney and Crush that I mentioned in my last post.  Those kinds of blogs are really interesting and fun to read and I hope I can find more material like that to inspire and entertain me while I work in this class. 

No comments:

Post a Comment